Which is the largest country in West Africa?
Chad, Mali, Mauritania and the Niger are by far the largest countries of West Africa, with a total land area accounting for almost 65 percent of the subregion, although mostly desert.
Chapter 14. West Africa.
|Land area||122 019|
|Forest area 2000||13 172|
What are the 10 largest countries in West Africa?
The population of Niger is approximately 15.73 million.
- 5) Chad (1,284,000 square kilometers) …
- 4) Libya (1,759,540 square kilometers) …
- 3) Sudan (1,861,484 square kilometers) …
- 2) Democratic Republic of the Congo (2,344,858 square kilometers) …
- 1) Algeria (2,381,741 square kilometers)
Is Nigeria bigger than Africa?
Nigeria is approximately 923,768 sq km, while South Africa is approximately 1,219,090 sq km, making South Africa 32% larger than Nigeria. Meanwhile, the population of Nigeria is ~214.0 million people (157.6 million fewer people live in South Africa). … Nigeria using our country comparison tool.
Is Nigeria the second largest country in Africa?
Overall, Africa’s total area exceeds 30.3 million square kilometers, being the second largest continent in the world after Asia. Nigeria and Ethiopia lead the ranking of the most populated countries in Africa as of 2021.
What is the cleanest city in Africa?
Top 10 cleanest cities in Africa
- Kigali, Rwanda. Kigali is Rwanda’s largest and most populous city. …
- Port Louis, Mauritius. …
- Cape Town, South Africa. …
- Tunis, Tunisia. …
- Windhoek, Namibia. …
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. …
- Gaborone, Botswana. …
- Algiers, Algeria.
What is the most famous country in Africa?
1. Morocco. The most visited country in Africa is Morocco. This Northern African nation saw a whopping 12.3 million visitors in 2019, making it the most visited country on the entire continent.
What is the richest country in Africa?
Top 20 Richest Countries in Africa
- Equatorial Guinea.
- South Africa.
Who is richer Nigeria or South Africa?
The top ten wealthiest African countries are: Nigeria – $514.05 billion. Egypt – $394.28 billion. South Africa – $329.53 billion.