What are extreme points in geography?
These are the longest straight lines that can be drawn between any two points on the surface of the Earth and remain exclusively over land or water; the points need not lie on the same line of latitude or longitude.
What are the 4 extreme points of Ethiopia?
Extreme points of Ethiopia
- Northernmost point: 14°53′N 37°55′E bend in the Mareb River, Tigray Region.
- Southernmost point: unnamed location on the border with Kenya near a hill immediately east of the Kenyan town of Moyale, Somali Region.
What is the westernmost point in Africa?
From the most northerly point, Ras ben Sakka in Tunisia, at 37°21′ N, to the more southerly point, Cape Agulhas in South Africa, 34°51′15″ S, is a distance approximately of 8,000 km (5,000 mi); from Cap-Vert, 17°31′13″W, the westernmost point, to Ras Hafun in the Somali Puntland region, in the Horn of Africa, 51°27′52″ …
What is the most inland place on earth?
86º40. 2‘E in the Dzungarian Basin, which is in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, in the far north-west of China.
What are the two farthest points on Earth?
What are the 2 farthest points on Earth?
- Rosario, Argentina to Xinghua, China: 19,996 km (12,425 mi)
- Lu’an, China to Río Cuarto, Argentina: 19,994 km (12,424 mi)
- Cuenca, Ecuador to Subang Jaya, Malaysia: 19,989 km (12,421 mi)
- Shanghai, China to Concordia, Argentina: 19,984 km (12,417 mi)
Is Ethiopia poor or rich?
With more than 112 million people (2019), Ethiopia is the second most populous nation in Africa after Nigeria, and the fastest growing economy in the region. However, it is also one of the poorest, with a per capita income of $850.
What is Ethiopia known for?
Ethiopia is famous for being the place where the coffee bean originated. It is also known for its gold medalists and its rock-hewn churches. Ethiopia is the top honey and coffee producer in Africa and has the largest livestock population in Africa. … The Rastafarian religion claims Ethiopia as its spiritual homeland.