What are the impacts of climate change in South Africa?
Health risks in South Africa that climate change would aggravate over the next few decades include heat stress; vector-borne diseases (such as malaria, dengue fever and yellow fever); extreme weather events; air pollution; communicable diseases (such as HIV/AIDS, TB and cholera), and non-communicable diseases (such as …
What are the 4 main impacts of climate change?
Impacts. Humans and wild animals face new challenges for survival because of climate change. More frequent and intense drought, storms, heat waves, rising sea levels, melting glaciers and warming oceans can directly harm animals, destroy the places they live, and wreak havoc on people’s livelihoods and communities.
What are the major factors that affect the climate of Africa?
The most important natural factors are:
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.
What are the 5 factors that cause climate change?
The National found out the five main culprits for this increase in greenhouse gases.
- Fossil fuels. Expand Autoplay. …
- Deforestation. …
- Increasing livestock farming. …
- Fertilisers containing nitrogen. …
- Fluorinated gases.
What are the 5 effects of climate change?
What are the effects of climate change and global warming?
- rising maximum temperatures.
- rising minimum temperatures.
- rising sea levels.
- higher ocean temperatures.
- an increase in heavy precipitation (heavy rain and hail)
- shrinking glaciers.
- thawing permafrost.
How climate change will affect us?
Climate change is already impacting human health. Changes in weather and climate patterns can put lives at risk. Heat is one of the most deadly weather phenomena. As ocean temperatures rise, hurricanes are getting stronger and wetter, which can cause direct and indirect deaths.
What are 6 factors that affect climate?
LOWER is an acronym for 6 factors that affect climate.
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have differenet temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. …
What are the 7 factors that affect climate?
Important Terms: Climate, latitude, windward, leeward, elevation, precipitation, prevailing winds; Materials: Student Activity Sheet ” Factors That Influence Climate”, world atlas, pencil/pen; Procedure: 1.
What three factors have the greatest effect on Earth’s climate?
Factors Affecting Global Climate
- Atmospheric Circulation. The sun’s rays provide both light and heat to Earth, and regions that receive greater exposure warm to a greater extent. …
- Ocean Currents. …
- Global Climate. …