What are traditional African names?
- Monday – Kojo (male), Adwoa (female)
- Tuesday – Kwabena (male), Abena (female)
- Wednesday – Kwaku (male), Ekua (female)
- Thursday – Yaw (male), Yaa (female)
- Friday – Kofi (male), Efua (female)
- Saturday – Kwame (male), Ama (female)
- Sunday – Akwesi (male), Akosua, (female)
What are popular African names?
African Baby Names
What are some Girl African names?
West African girl names
- Abeni, a girl who is prayed for.
- Ada, for your firstborn daughter.
- Alaba is the second child after twins.
- Amara, for a child filled with grace and mercy.
- Amma is born on a Saturday.
- Bamidele. Follow me home.
- Chidinma. God is beautiful. …
- Chimamanda, because God will not fail.
What are traditional names?
50 Traditional Baby Names Because You’re Looking For Something Timeless
- Eleanor. Tetra Images/Tetra images/Getty Images. …
- James. …
- Richard. …
- Patricia. …
- Peggy. …
- Jane. …
- Cynthia. …
What are cute African girl names?
Top African girl names
- Abeba. This name is a palindrome, this means it forms the same name when spelled forward or backward. …
- Aberash. This unusual Eastern African name means ”giving off light” or ”shining”
- Ada. …
- Amara. …
- Chidinma. …
- Hadiza. …
- Hibo. …
What is the African name for Moon?
Mahrukh. The name Mahrukh originates in Africa and means ‘face of the moon’.
What is a unique girl name?
Classically Unique Baby Girl Names
Is Tanisha a black name?
United States. In the United States, it is a predominantly African-American name first popularized in the 1960s by the actress Ta-Tanisha, who appeared on the television program Room 222. Ta-Tanisha loosely translated in Swahili means “Puzzling One”.
Who is the world best name?
Top Names Over the Last 100 Years
What is the most common last name in Africa?
Africa’s Most Common Last Names
|Name||Most Common Countries||Meaning|
|Ali||Libya, Eritrea, Somalia||Islamic Caliph|
|Ahmed||Egypt, Nigeria, Sudan||Another name of Mohamed|
|Ibrahim||Egypt, Nigeria, Sudan||Biblical/Islamic Figure (Abraham)|
|Hassan||Egypt, Nigeria, Sudan||Islamic Caliph|
What is the most used name in South Africa?
The top 10 most popular baby names in South Africa