What should you not wear on safari?
Avoid black and dark blue clothing (both colors attract tsetse flies), and leave bright-white items at home; safari parks are often dusty, and white clothes may get dingy. You want to see wildlife on safari, not look like it!
What should you not wear in Africa?
African Safari Clothes: What NOT to Wear
- Don’t Wear Dark Blue or Black Clothing.
- Don’t Wear Anything that Exposes a Lot of Skin.
- Don’t Wear Baseball Caps.
- Don’t Wear Jeans or Heavy Cotton Clothing.
- Don’t Forget Long Pajamas.
- Don’t Wear Safari Clothes in Town.
What do I need for a 10 day safari?
Here’s the “must-haves” to pack for your safari:
- A) T-shirt, shirt or blouse – long sleeves and collars help to protect from the sun and mosquitoes.
- B) Fleece or warm jacket.
- C) A pair of safari trousers – those that zip off at the knees are very handy, too.
- D) Comfortable walking shoes (or boots) and socks.
- E) Hat.
How many days do you need for safari?
To have at least four full days on game drives will give you enough time to see an incredible amount of wildlife. Tack on arrival and departure days, travel to and from the national parks and reserves, and we think the optimal time for your safari experience is 6-7 days.
Is a safari worth it?
If you can only spend three to four days on safari, it’s probably not worth the travel and cost. … Since every single day and hour is unique on an African safari, the more time you have to explore and see what the wildlife has to offer, the better.
What colors should you not wear on safari?
What NOT to Wear on Safari
- Don’t bring bright-coloured clothing or busy patterns. …
- Avoid camouflage clothing as some African countries reserve this pattern for military personnel only.
- Dark colours attract Tsetse flies, so stay away from dark blue or black clothing – they have a painful bite!
Is it OK to wear white on safari?
Can you wear white on safari? White stands out more than any other colour in the African bush and so isn’t suitable for safari activities.
Can you wear sneakers on safari?
Hiking boots or sturdy sneakers are your best bet for a safari trip. You’ll need something that’s going to be comfortable enough to go walking in, so make sure you’ve worn them in enough to know that no blisters are in your future.