What are the 5 largest land animals?
The 10 biggest land animals by weight:
- African bush elephant: Up to 6,900 kg.
- Asian elephant: Up to 4,600 kg.
- White rhinoceros: Up to 3,600 kg.
- Indian rhinoceros: Up to 2,132 kg.
- African forest elephant: Up to 2,300 kg.
- Black rhinoceros: Up to 2,900 kg.
- Hippopotamus: Up to 2,000 kg.
- Giraffe: Up to 1,395 kg.
What animals are 6ft tall?
Top 10 Tallest Animals in the World
- Giraffe. Standing Height: up to 6 meters / 20 feet. …
- African Elephant. Standing Height: up to 4 meters / 13 feet. …
- Siberian Tiger. Standing Height: Up to 3.7 meters / 12 feet. …
- Liger. Standing Height: up to 3.6 meters / 11.8 feet. …
- Polar Bear. …
- Asian Elephant. …
- Bengal Tiger. …
What is the fastest animal in Africa?
Cheetahs: The World’s Fastest Land Animal
- Cheetahs are the world’s fastest land animal, capable of reaching speeds of up to 70 mph. …
- In short, cheetahs are built for speed, grace, and hunting.
What are the big 6 in Africa?
The term is attributed to the hunters of old, who used the term to describe what they determined were the most dangerous animals to hunt in Africa. They are lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos and Cape buffaloes. All formidable foes indeed when being hunted by man.
Why does Africa have the biggest animals?
The most direct answer regarding the survival of large animals in Africa is that its vast forested areas gave them ample areas to hide from man (until recent centuries).
Which animal dies after drinking water?
Kangaroo rats die when they drink water.