How much does it cost to register a brand name in Nigeria?
The cost of registering trademark in Nigeria ordinarily includes the filing fees and the professional fee of the lawyer or agent handling such application. The total cost, including the professional fee for registering a trademark, may range between $450 to about $600.
How can I register my logo in Nigeria?
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE REGISTRATION OF A LOGO IN NIGERIA
- The following are the basic requirements for registration of logo or trademark in Nigeria.
- The copy of the logo.
- The name and address of the company that owns the proposed logo to be registered.
- Phone number and email address of the applicant.
What is the difference between copyright and trademark?
Copyright protects original work, whereas a trademark protects items that distinguish or identify a particular business from another. Copyright is generated automatically upon the creation of original work, whereas a trademark is established through common use of a mark in the course of business.
How do I register a brand name?
Trademark Your Company Name & Logo Using These 7 Simple Steps
- Decide on your unique brand name and logo. …
- Conduct an online search. …
- Fill-in the trademark application. …
- Filing for the brand name registration application. …
- Scrutinizing of your brand name registration application. …
- Publication in Indian Trade Mark Journals.
How much does it cost to register a copyright in Nigeria?
What is the fee for registration? The fee for registration is ₦10, 000 (ten thousand naira) for those paying in naira, and $60 USD for those who are registering from outside Nigeria.
How much is it to trademark a logo?
What Does it Cost to Trademark a Logo? The cost to trademark a logo with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is $275–$660 as of June 2020, plus legal fees. You can register a trademark with your state for $50-$150, but federal registration offers a great deal more legal protection.
How do I verify a trademark?
You can search all applied-for and registered trademarks free of charge by using the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)‘s Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS). If your mark includes a design element, you will have to search it by using a design code.
Do you need to register a brand name?
It identifies who you are to your customers and other businesses. Before you start operating, you must register a business name if you are trading under a name that is not your own. … Registering a business name does not stop someone who has registered the name as a trade mark from using it.
What can be patented in Nigeria?
CRITERIA FOR THE REGISTRATION OF PATENT IN NIGERIA
- Novel Invention. The invention must be new and have an inventive step that is not obvious to someone with knowledge and experience in the subject. …
- Capable of Industrial Application. …
- Public Policy and Morality. …
- One Invention per Registration. …
- Full Description.